EDM 310 Class Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blog assignment # 1

 About Me

My name is Courtney Williams, I am nineteen years old, and I am from Citronelle, Alabama. I graduated from Citronelle High School in 2010. For my first year of college i attended Faulkner State Community College on a tennis scholarship. Currently I am a student at South Alabama. I have a wonderful family,  twin brother,  older sister, the best mom and dad, and two beautiful nieces. I still live at my parents house but that will change this summer because I am getting married! My fiance's name is Dane Turner and he is a senior here at South. I love to hunt, fish, swim, church, school, and Alabama football! I am going to school to become an elementary school teacher. Children are my passion, I love Kids. Mostly elementary, middle and high schooler's seem to know everything already. I am very excited about finishing school and starting my life!

Randy Puasch on Time Management

One of the things I learned from the video is the time and money are very equatable.  Most people do not realize this, which I did not either. As a student I should set myself some goals to get more things done on time. Also to not focus on doing things right, but doing the right things.One of the worst thing I can do is fail to plan out all of my time. To make things simpler I can my "to do list" in simple smaller steps. I have not previously know anything about Randy Pausch, but after reading about him I have learned that he was a professor at computer sciences. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and became an important advocate for cancer. Before he died he did a famous "Last Lecture" that later became a best selling book.  I hope I can stick with my new time management skills for the rest of the semester. 

Time Management Exercises and Time Management Lessons

 The Penn State page was very helpful to me because it made me realize that no matter which excuse I use I still need to manage my time more sufficiently. For example a planner would be beneficial to me because my priorities will become more clearer. So the most important things will be first on my list. I should also make small goals for myself on the list. On my list I should be specific and reasonable. I should also avoid wasting my time by not sticking to my list. This was very helpful to me not just with school, but with life in general. 


1 comment: