EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Post # 14

I really enjoyed Jose Picardo's " Top Ten Tips for Using Technology in the Classroom". They were in this order: 1. streaming videos 2. music 3. teleconference 4. creating your own exercises 5. interactive whiteboard 6. podcast 7. creation of blogs and wikis 8. social networks 9. internet tools 10. pupil's gadgets.  I am familiar with most of these techniques because of EDM 310. We have used podcast, through our podcast group project where we summarized a book. I used teleconferencing when I completed a Skype interview with Mrs. Byrd, and I often use skype outside of class. When at home I use social networking to keep up with my family and friends, I also think social networking is great for teachers to use. I use the internet tools, for instance I am using Google Docs for the majority of my classes to collaborate with  my groups. I also blog regularly for this class. The one tool I want to be able to use more for the classroom is the students gadgets. I think this will entertain the students more and get them interested in school more. I also look forward to using the interactive whiteboard more when I become a teacher, I only wish my teachers would have had them when I was in elementary school.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    Resources are so important as we continue our journey towards becoming educators! I am glad you found these sites useful.

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete