EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog assignment # 4

the podcast symbol



Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog


I really enjoyed this podcast and class blog! I watched or listened the podcast on sharks. The students made the podcast about sharks with some "fin-tastic" facts. The students used one main narrator and a few other students to do different parts of the show. For example the "poetry paradise" where a student shares a poem he or she likes. Something in their podcast I can use in mine is the way they broke the show into segments. Such as "poetry paradise", "did you know", and the " vocabulary vault". This is a cool way to make a podcast  interesting, yet educational.

Practical Principle

 I did not know all of the facts about pod casting, before  this video . Podcast is so influential to students because of how familiar students are with podcast. It is an very effective way to interact with students outside of the classroom. For example, if a student is sick or has to miss school for an extended amount of time.Podcast also generate lots of creativity, because student can express themselves. Also students learn valuable technology skills. Pod casts also allow parents too be apart of , and see what their children are learning. I as a teacher, can use podcast to incorporate technology and reach my students anywhere.

100 Ways To Use Your Ipod To Learn and Study Better

This site is great! I learned so much from it. Basically it is a list of a hundred ways to better your study and learning habits by using your ipod.  I learned you can use your ipod to use Spark Notes, (which is very helpful to a college student) and to use study guides. You can also use the ipod for cram sessions and too study for the SAT. This is very helpful for all students. I can use these helpful tips in my podcast by listening to other podcast for ideas and to learn how to do new things with podcast.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney, I really enjoyed reading your post! I watched and commented on the same websites that you did actually. My favorite was the 100 ways to use your iPod to study better. I can't wait to start using Spark Notes!
    You did a wonderful job summarizing each website! Hope to hear back from you!
    Sincerely,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney!
    I enjoyed reading your posts! I agree with you! I also stated some of the same facts as you did. I liked how you pointed out how the iPod would help such as using it as a great tool to study for the SAT. Good job. Many college students may take heed to that.

    Constructive Criticism: Be sure and proofread before you publish your post. There are quite a few gramatical and punctuation errors.

    For the most part, good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope these assignments helped prepare you for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use podcast several times when you should use podcasting. And podcasts is the plural of podcast.

    ReplyDelete