EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog assignment # 11

Little Kid's ...Big Potential



This video shows how first graders use technology in the classroom. They use blogs, wikis, web pages and videos to learn. This is amazing to see. I especially loved the part about Alabama! The teachers name is Ms. Cassidy, and  she uses these technology resources to teach her class. In the first video he students were using blogs to post things such as Christmas pictures, as you watch the video you can see the progress one student makes in spelling because of her blog! I also really enjoyed the Skype interview. I will definitely use technology in my classroom. My favorite is the class blogs. Blogs are a great way for students to learn and share. Students learn important communication skills while using blogs. They do this by commenting and reading other educational post. I have also learned this in EDM! Blogs are also great for parents as well. Parents can keep up with their child's work and progress. As we learned in the video, blogs are great for learning writing techniques and spelling improvement. The biggest problem that would might occur is internet safety. This is easily fixed by being very careful not to give out personal information and teaching the class some important rules and guidelines. I can't wait to start teaching and using technology in my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Courtney! I really enjoyed this video as well. I was amazed that these were 1st graders! I have a little brother who is also in 1st grade and his class uses computers/technology but not to the extent of Ms. Cassidy's class. Also, I agree with you that blogs are a great way for parents to track their child's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney,

    Glad to see that you are really embracing all that this class has to offer! Do you think that all communities would be as accepting of technology's presence in the classroom as they were with Mrs. Cassidy's class? What could you do to ease the parents' minds?

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete