EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blog assignment # 10

Do You Teach Or Educate? 

This was a very good video for anyone who is involved in education in anyway. I really enjoyed it. I became an education major simply because I love children. I can not wait to become a teacher and to be with children all day. Some people think I'm crazy to want to be with kids all day long, but I can't help it. Another reason I am an education major is that I love to teach and inspire others, especially children.  I intend to educate and not just teach by being a positive role model for my students. I want to learn all the new technology and lessons just like they should.


Don't Let Them Take The Pencils Home


This is a really interesting and cool post. It is an argument between a teacher and an administrator about pencils. The administrator does not want the students to take home pencils because of a recent article.  The article suggest that students who bring home pencils have lower test scores. The teacher then suggest that maybe the article did not count for his class. The administrator then ask how the teacher plans to "fix" the pencil problem. He says he has met with the parents and students and taught them ways a pencil could be used for learning. Th administrator ask how can you keep up with what they do at home? If they play games like "Hang Man"? The teacher says he will keep the students interested with projects and maybe if they are playing hang man that they are learning something!

1 comment:

  1. Teach/Educate There is absolutely nothing in your commentary that would indicate you watched the video. A perfect Portable Paragraph!


    You missed the metaphor. You are not the first. Additional Assignment: Read these three posts:

    1. Metaphors: What They Are and Why We Use Them

    In that post there is a Special Assignment. Do that assignment in a new post which is Additional Post #1. It does NOT substitute for Blog Post #14 as it did in the Spring semester.

    Due midnight Sunday November 20, 2011.

    2. Metaphor Discussion Update

    3. Jennifer Asked: Why Use Metaphors? Here is My Answer

    4. For more information also see:
    You Missed the Point! It's Not A Pencil…"

    ReplyDelete