EDM 310 Class Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog assignment # 6










The Networked Student

I really liked watching this movie by Wendy Drexler today.  It is very informational about technology students can use. It gave an example of a student studying a subject and how he used technology to learn. The student used many programs and ways to get information on the subject. My favorite way he used technology was the mp3 player. The student not only has his favorite music on his mp3 device, but also had podcast and audio on the subject he was studying. In the movie the question "Why does a networked student even need a teacher?" was asked. The networked student needs a teacher to teach him or her to be a learning architect, a change agent, a modeler, a connected learning incubator,and a network sherba. This in short means, a networked student needs a teacher to teach how to use technology and all the available resources that can be used to learn.  I feel like I will be some what prepared to teach a networked student, but I am definitely ready to learn with my students!

A 7th Graders Personal Learning Environment

This was a really neat video. The video showed the everyday science class for this particular seventh grade student. This student used a computer and the internet to learn instead of a text book. She used many blogs and sites to learn and create assignments. My favorite part of her PLE was how it was custom for her. Compared to my PLN, the two are very similar to me. Like my PLN this student has people and tools to help her. Also like me, the tools are always changing so she will have to be a life long learner!

1 comment:

  1. You should eliminate the Class Blog Feed that is above your blog posts. If you are unsure how to do it, check with anyone in the Lab.

    Good! Thanks

    ReplyDelete